WordPress is an amazing and wonderful tool which powers 23% of the internet. There are dozens of websites which appear on the web daily with WordPress at their backend. Most of the websites are related to small businesses and startups which try to sell their products or services online. They charge customers/clients on a regular basis. If you are an owner of one of them, you’ll be looking to integrate a payment system to your website. Fortunately, there are dozens of payment and billing plugins available for WordPress blogs. Some of them help in selling your content. While others simply integrate a payment gateway anywhere on the blog. Depending on your requirements, you can further customize these plugins to get a custom solution. If you’re looking for implementing a full-fledged shopping cart on your WordPress blog, you can look for various e-Commerce plugins. Here are some of the best WordPress recurring billing plugins which will provide you with recurring billing options. In this article, all plugins have been arranged in descending order. For example, first plugin is best one among all.
WP-Invoice lets WordPress blog owners send itemized invoices to their clients. Ideal for web developers, SEO consultants, general contractors, or anyone with a WordPress blog and clients to bill. The plugin ties into WP’s user management database to keep track of your clients and their information.
Once an invoice is created from the WP admin section, an email with a brief description and a unique link is sent to client. Clients follow the link to your blog’s special invoice page, view their invoice, and pay their bill using PayPal. The control panel is very user-friendly and intuitive. Let’s see a video tutorial about using WP-invoice WordPress plugin:
Wp-Invoice Unique features:
No doubt Wp-invoice is a wonderful plugin. It has following unique features.
- Brand new user interface for much improved invoicing filtering and searching.
- Partial Payments with minimum amount.
- Receipt Page with Invoice Log.
- Per-defined Line Items.
- Discount Line Items.
- Custom Payment Entry, and administrative adjustments.
- Customizable Invoice and Receipt Templates.
- Create invoices from the WordPress control panel.
- Pre-fill customer information using the WordPress user list.
- Send invoice notifications to customers with a secured link back to the web-invoice.
- Setup recurring billing using Authorize.net’s ARB (Automatic Recurring Billing) feature.
Wp-Invoice User Reviews:
Wp-Invoice is liked by people plugin has received a lot of positive user reviews. Let’s see what a developer says about it:
There is no shortage of positive reviews. Let’s have a look on another one. More reviiews can be viewed in WordPress directory.
Subscription DNA is an enterprise subscription billing and membership management platform. With DNA, you can easily manage your recurring revenue business with cloud billing automation. Robust reporting, communications tools, paywall authentication and many more features are also available. DNA quickly integrates with your site to allow subscription paywall or registration signup, customer self-serve accounting screens and protect premium content assets. Let’s learn more about this plugin from this video.
Subscription DNA unique features:
- Generate standard member and group self-serve screens above
- Create a member menu or use an optional widget based menu
- Protect any Page / Post / Post Category access from unauthorized member access
- Protect FTP folder content anywhere within the WordPress path
- Build custom signup forms
- Optionally enable payment by cash/check
- Limit secure post summary length
Subscription DNA User Reviews:
Currently, subscription DNA has only two user reviews with 5-star ratings. Let’s have a look on them.
and here is the second review:
Sliced invoices is another best plugin which can be used to create quotes and invoices for customers. It comes with predefined items and also allows you to link your website with payment gateways. The plugin is flexible with a lot of nice features and it is also very easy to use. Here is a quick demo of how sliced invoices plugin works. Further informative videos are also available.
Sliced invoices unique features:
- Clients can make payments online using credit card
- Clients can accept or decline Quotes online
- Offline payment methods – Bank, check, money order
- Tax settings – Global, per invoice or per line item
- Auto increment of Quote & Invoice numbers
- Pre-defined line items
- Customizable HTML emails
- Payment reminder emails
- Commenting system for quotes
- Name Quotes & Invoices whatever you like
- Convert Quotes to Invoices with one click
- Clone existing Quotes & Invoices
- Reporting & exporting
- Any currency, any language
- 3 templates as standard – customize using CSS
- Lots of filters, actions and template tags
Sliced invoices user reviews:
Sliced Invoices has many good reviews. let’s have a look on few of them. here is a review from a user:
here is another good review for this plugin.
4. Gravity Forms + Stripe
Gravity forms with stripe add-on give you best options of creating completely custom credit card payment forms. Not only this, you can collect customer’s data, allow them to buy your products, get recurring payments and much more. The plugin is very famous on WordPress with a very good rating. Here is a short tutorial of how to add recurring payments in your forms.
Gravity forms unique features:
- collect any type of custom data from your customer
- accept one-time and/or recurring subscription payments
- allow your customer to enter their own payment amount
- display prices and accept payments in multiple currencies
- save or authorize cards instead of charging them right away (great for pre-orders)
- accept Stripe discount coupon codes
- provide custom payment receipts
- create a user or a post on your site only if a payment was successful
- allow your customers to log in and update their billing information or subscription plan, or
- re-use customers’ payment information without having to fill in credit card details again.
Gravity forms user reviews:
This plugin has a lot of 5-Star positive user reviews. Let’s see the best ones.
and here is another one:
YITH WooCommerce Subscription allows you to make your products be accessible by your users as subscriptions, so make them accessible for a scheduled time (months or days) in exchange for a monthly or daily fee. Create, then, your subscriptions for reviews, videos, learning courses, podcasts, hosting and whatever you might wish to offer to your customers in installments. This will ensure you constant and scheduled income to your site and much more control on your sales volume. here is a quick view of how to use this plugin:
YITH Woocommerce unique features:
- unlimited subscription plans for simple virtual downloadable products of your WooCommerce shop
- Set the type of renewal for each subscribable WooCommerce product, either monthly or daily
- Customers can stop subscriptions from their PayPal account
YITH WooCommerce User reviews:
YITH is in its way towards success and fame. despite a large number of active installs, it has only 5-star review. Let’s have a look at what it says.
Although there are a lot of other billing plugins and solutions available in the WordPress directory, we have to tried to pick most useful and effective ones for you. I hope this article will help you selecting a best plugin for your site. Your feedback is always welcome!