No doubt SEO is the major source for the traffic on the website. Users are not sure about which SEO plugin to choose from the pool of SEO plugins and they ask for SEO tips and plugins that can improve their rankings. Since one should take no risk in the Search Engine Optimization of their website, we are sharing with you the 5 Best SEO Plugins for WordPress in detail:
1. Yoast SEO
This plugin is written from the ground up by Joost de Valk and his team at Yoast to improve your site’s SEO on all needed aspects. While this Yoast SEO plugin goes the extra mile to take care of all the technical optimization, more on that below, it first and foremost helps you write better content. Yoast SEO forces you to choose a focus keyword when you’re writing your articles, and then makes sure you use that focus keyword everywhere.
Yoast SEO Unique Features:
- Using the snippet preview you can see a rendering of what your post or page will look like in the search results.
- The Yoast SEO plugins Page Analysis functionality checks simple things you’re bound to forget.
- This Yoast SEO plugin guides you through some of the settings needed, for instance by reminding you to enable pretty permalinks.
- With the Yoast SEO plugin you can control which pages Google shows in its search results and which pages it doesn’t show.
- Yoast SEO plugin has the most advanced XML Sitemaps functionality in any WordPress plugin
- Yoast SEO plugin increases your own chance of ranking for your chosen keywords and gets rid of scrapers in one go
- themes based on Genesis or by WooThemes for instance often are, you can use the built-in Breadcrumbs functionality
- Using the built-in file editor you can edit your WordPress blogs
- SEO and Social Media are heavily intertwined, that’s why this plugin also comes with a Facebook OpenGraph implementation and will soon also support Google+ sharing tags.
- The Yoast SEO plugin, unlike some others, is fully Multi-Site compatible.
- If you’ve used All In One SEO Pack or HeadSpace2 before using this plugin, you might want to import all your old titles and descriptions. You can do that easily using the built-in import functionality.
Yoast SEO User Reviews:
Millions of users have chosen this plugin for SEO of their website. It is true that its downloads are increasing every second. Lets hear what its users say about this plugin:
Another user says:
2. All in One SEO Pack
All in One SEO Pack Optimizes your WordPress blog for SEO (Search Engine Optimization). It is one of the most downloaded WordPress plugins of all times. All in One SEO Pack is a comprehensive solution for all your on-site SEO needs. Thousands of users are already using this plugin.
All in One SEO UNIQUE FEATURES:
- XML Sitemap support – submit your sitemap to Google and Bing and improve your SEO
- Google Analytics support
- Support for SEO on Custom Post Types
- Built-in API so other plugins/themes can access and extend functionality
- Nonce Security built into All in One SEO Pack
- Support for CMS-style WordPress installations
- Automatically optimizes your titles for Google and other search engines
- Generates META tags automatically
- Avoids the typical duplicate content found on WordPress blogs
ALL IN ONE SEO USER REVIEWS:
Users have given 5 star ratings to this plugin and have been suggesting to other users also. Let’s have a look at few of the reviews:
Similarly, another user shares the following view:
3. SEO Ultimate
Another trending plugin for Search Engine Optimization is SEO Ultimate. This is very powerful plugin which, once installed, handles all the required optimization for your website alone. This all-in-one SEO plugin gives you control over meta titles & descriptions, open graph, auto-linking, rich-snippets, 404 monitoring, siloing &am. The premium version of SEO Ultimate also has exclusive new features, detailed training videos and custom revisions not available in the free version.
SEO Ultimate UNIQUE FEATURES:
SEO Ultimate is an all-in-one SEO plugin with these powerful features:
- Title Tag Rewriter: Out-of-the-box functionality puts your post titles at the beginning of the
<title>tag for improved keyword SEO
- Meta Description Editor: Edit the
<meta>description tags for posts, pages, attachments, categories, tags, post format archives, and the homepage
- Deeplink juggernaur: Use the power of anchor text to boost your internal ranking SEO paradigm.
- Open Graph Integrator: Out-of-the-box functionality autogenerates Open Graph data for your homepage, posts, pages, attachments, custom post type objects, and user profile pages
- Rich Snippet Creator: Easily add rich snippet code for reviews and places
- Author Highlighter: Generates code so that when one of your site’s posts appears in Google search results, the Google+ profile picture of the post’s author will appear alongside it
- Link Mask Generator: Generate robots.txt-blocked “link masks” (e.g.
http://www.example.com/go/google/) that pass-through to an external URL
- Canonicalizer: Point search engines to preferred content access points with
<link rel="canonical" />head tags and/or
Link: <url>; rel="canonical"HTTP headers.
- 404 Monitor: Improve the visiting experience of users and spiders by keeping tabs on “page not found” errors. (Use a redirection plugin to point dead-end URLs to your content.)
- And Much More
SEO Ultimate USER REVIEWS:
SEO Ultimate is famous for its unique features and most of the users are using this plugin to fulfill the SEO need of their websites. As one user review about this plugin that:
And another one says that:
4. Broken Link Checker
If you have been running a blog for sometime, then you should check your site from time to time for broken links (which affects your SEO) and fix them. This plugin will monitor your blog looking for broken links and let you know if any are found. This plugin has offered less features than above plugins for Search Engine Optimization. But it is offering many other features which are necessarily required on each and every website built on WordPress. You can learn how use broken link checker through this video:
Broken Link Checker UNIQUE FEATURES:
It has variety of features and services available for its users, some of which include:
- Monitors links in your posts, pages, comments, the blogroll, and custom fields (optional).
- Detects links that don’t work, missing images and redirects.
- Notifies you either via the Dashboard or by email.
- Makes broken links display differently in posts (optional).
- Prevents search engines from following broken links (optional).
- You can search and filter links by URL, anchor text and so on.
- Links can be edited directly from the plugin’s page, without manually updating each post.
- Highly configurable.
BROKEN LINk CHECKER USER REVIEWS:
It is a multi-purpose plugin and hence it has been used and downloaded widely. Here is a review of this plugin from its user:
and another user says:
5. SEO by Squirrly
Squirrly SEO helps you write content that is SEO friendly and ALSO Human friendly. You’ll get to improve your rankings, while providing your readers with great content. See Your SEO Stats, get a weekly SEO Audit and find the best keywords.
SEO by Squirrly Unique Features:
- Gives You SEO Advice as you’re typing your articles. Squirrly helps you in real time to optimize your articles to 100%, while you are writing or editing them.
- Green lights turn on everytime you do something right. When all the lights turn green, you can publish or schedule the article because it has excellent seo.
- Optimized articles get +285% traffic, on average (real statistics from over 16,500 people who participated in the survey).
- SEO Settings remain. If you already made your SEO settings for WordPress with other plugins, you can keep using those and Squirrly won’t override them. No need to start all over. We’d hate to have you do that.
- Finds you Keywords and Topics that your Customers actively search for and which will help you out-rank your competitors, not just follow them around the serps
- The algorithm for Keyword analysis takes into accounts elements that will help you find suitable keywords for content optimization: for Humans and for Search Engines.
- Tracks all the aspects of your Content Marketing Strategy: Blogging, Traffic, SEO, Social Signals, Links, Authority. Every single week you get a new report by email.
- Send the Audit report by email to your content writer, SEO person, developers, or to your boss.
- It Gives You Professional Advice on How To Fix any of those areas that it helps track, so you can easily find out how to improve. Content from SEO Moz (recently just MOZ), Google, Authority Labs, etc.
- Analyze any single article. See how it improves over time.
SEO BY SQUIRRLY User Reviews:
It is a highly useful plugin, and its totally free. It provides SEO related information for any website. Here is one review from one of the many good comments over this plugin:
Another review is: